Roberta L. Edwards
Robbie Edwards has over twenty-five years of experience handling cases involving the complicated medical and legal issues of those individuals who have sustained serious injuries and disability. Robbie integrates her nursing education and experience (which spans over 36 years) with the legal needs of her clients. In the past ten years she obtained biblical education through several programs of study that help her apply the teachings of Jesus Christ to her law practice. By understanding the spiritual needs as well as the physical and legal aspects she is able to assist the individual and their family in achieving wholeness and complete restoration. Achieving justice and fairness is critically important to her and she will spend whatever time is necessary to obtain the best results. Her goal in life is to have a positive impact on each individual she meets and to leave them better off as a result of the relationship. It is her desire to serve those who have been mistreated and neglected by insurance companies, employers, and governmental agencies.
She believes that all individuals deserve dignity and respect. She utilizes all of her education, experience, and resources to serve individuals with complicated needs in a compassionate and timely manner.
Robbie is the pastor of Oak Chapel A.M.E. Church in Warrenton, NC. Her husband Clark Mills, Sr. leads a Bible Study group in their home for Precept Ministries of Chattanooga, TN. Robbie provides Christian information and Bibles through Sonrise Missions, an interdenominational venture, to apply Biblical Spiritual truth to life situations. Robbie is also an ordained elder in the A.M.E. Church.
Robbie obtained an advanced theological studies degree in Doctorate of Ministry from the Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington D.C.
She believes everyone has a valuable account of how their injuries and disabilities have affected them. Robbie is interested in listening to your life story and what has happened to you. She will devise a plan that most fits your legal needs and fits your past history and life experiences.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security -- Disability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- North Carolina, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2000
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1985
- Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington DC
- Doctor of Ministry - 2011
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Masters in Nursing - 1978
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Masters of Divinity with Biblical Counseling - 2007
- Luther Rice Seminary, Lithonia, Georgia
- Masters of Divinity - 2005
- Luther Rice University, Lithonia, Georgia
- Master of Arts in Christian Studies - 2007
- Atlantic Christian College (currently Barton College), Wilson, North Carolina
- B.S. cum laude - 1975
- Major: Nursing
- Medical Records for North Carolina Attorney, Raleigh, N.C., 2002
- Workers' Compensation Seminar, Greenville, N.C., 2002
Past Employment Positions
- East Carolina University School of Nursing, Assistant Professor of Nursing, 1978 - 1989
- Harrington & Edwards Law Firm, P.A., Partner, 1989 - 1996
- Law Office of Roberta L. Edwards, 1996 - 2001
- Edwards & Ricci Law Firm, P.A., Senior Partner, 2001 - 2009